***Please read prior to applying***
We are only hiring from these states, if you are based out of other states we can't consider you for hire.
Sorry, no Visa Sponsorship or Transfers available.
Who we are
CloudScale is a small and growing Microsoft partnered, boutique technology consulting firm focused on developing solutions around modern Microsoft cloud and enterprise technologies such as Office 365 and Azure. Initially founded in NYC and Los Angeles, we were born in the cloud and have a team that works remotely from various locations across the US. Our clients include a number household names from the beverage industry, financial services, media and entertainment, engineering, construction, retail, and legal. We endeavor to enable our customers to realize the value of their investments in Microsoft cloud technology.
What we offer
Fully paid Health
Dental, vision, 401k etc...
100% Remote Company
About the job
We are looking for experienced .NET developers to join a small team of developers, designers, and project managers to help build customized cloud-based applications for our clients using the latest .NET core and Azure technologies.
What you will do
- Work with leads, project managers, and clients to build custom line-of-business applications that solve real issues for our customers.
- Collaborate with client IT staff to find solutions to problems.
- Continuously learn and improve upon best practices, and collaborate with team members to help them improve their skills as well.
- Build proof-of-concept applications using the latest Microsoft technologies, like Microsoft Cognitive Services, and Bot Framework.
- Communicate with clients and troubleshoot issues with client applications.
- Make estimates and communicate with clients and project managers to keep on-track with development timelines.
Technologies you should know
- NET Core C# with a focus on web applications
- HTML5, CSS3 and knowledge of SASS/SCSS.
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server
- Azure Apps, functions, and databases
- Fluency with git-based source control and experience with ALM/work management tools, such as Jira or Azure Devops.
- Understanding of CI/CD
- Knowledge of agile/scrum methodologies
Professionally, we are looking for someone who is:
- Able to self-manage and focus on details to ensure quality is consistently delivered
- Genuinely passionate about technology and their chosen area of focus
- A problem solver: both technically and professionally -- as consultants our objective is to help customers solve their problems. We need someone who can take problems from start to finish and is able to work with clients and customers to deliver honest customer service to fix issues
- Ability to regularly set and communicate expectations with clients and co-works and meet those expectations
- A strong communicator able to effectively and confidently work with both technical team members and project stakeholders
- Able to elicit, infer, and understand client requirements and how they translate in application features, architectures and deliverable assets and deliver prescriptive advice when clients are unsure
- Collaborate with teams that span many disciplines, subject matter areas, and experience levels to deliver solutions
- Work within established project timelines and effectively communicate changes to those timelines
We also prefer you know one or more of the following technologies/skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of Azure Active Directory, and/or OAuth-based authentication
- High level understanding of Azure IaaS and infrastructure services to support software development (e.g. basic networking, load balancing, data storage, distributed caching).
- Full life-cycle development experience.
- Knowledge of PowerBI and SSRS.
- Experience with mobile development and website responsiveness to mobile layouts.
Additionally, you must be
- Able to work from a dedicated space, your own home/office location, without distraction and maintain a consistent professional schedule
- Effective in the administrative aspects of the role e.g. regularly filling out time sheets, expense reports, and providing updates on the progress of work
- Available for a VERY LIMITED travel relating to kicking off projects, client ‘meet and greets’ and emergency technical situations. (this is on hold until COVID-19 is over)
- Assist from time-to-time with technical pre-sales efforts, client presentations and recruiting along your areas of expertise.
- Most of the work is from home except for some small situations (mentioned above), fully paid employee medical insurance, dental, vision, 401k matching, we reimburse for your internet, cell phone, generous bonus program, and more…
CloudScale Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. All candidates must reside in and be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship. Sorry, no Visa Sponsorships or Transfers available.