TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses.
We know sales tax isn't fun for anyone, so we're determined to ease the burden with an exceptional customer experience. To achieve this, we provide the same incredible quality of life for our team members as we do for our customers by creating a professional, unique, award-winning place to work. We have many different backgrounds and lifestyles, and everything we do is guided by our core values:
- We do the right thing for our customers
- We're a team, built on trust
- We're proud to be remote
- We're in control of our own destiny
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We’re fast-growing, fully-distributed, talented, and driven. We live all across the US, working from our homes, local libraries, co-working spaces, airstreams - pretty much anywhere we can and do accomplish great work. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably, and we believe a diverse team can create better solutions for our customers.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 160+ people is growing fast. We’re currently looking for an Account Manager who wants to make a difference on a growing, experienced team of people committed to remote life, trust and transparency.
TaxJar offers a mid-market/enterprise version of our offering that we call TaxJar Professional. We are looking for someone who is fanatical about helping businesses succeed while working across other functions of the organization to ensure an exceptional customer experience and drive revenue. Ensuring the happiness of our customers is everything to us.
The right candidate will be someone who enjoys speaking with people, has great organizational and communication skills, and is a team player who can work well across marketing, sales, and customer success.
*This is a full-time remote position based in the US only.
As an Account Manager you will:
- Maintain and grow revenue from existing customers by focusing on renewals and driving AutoFile adoption
- Handle billing, renewals & negotiations for Professional customers
- Retain and renew Professional subscriptions as close to 100% as possible
- Up-sell bundle options into the existing Professional customer base
- Develop strategic plans to effectively and efficiently oversee your customers
- Identify & build relationships with key stakeholders within your portfolio; monitor Professional customer health and cultivate a great partnership
- Obtain a deep understanding of customer business challenges - identify & propose solutions which will address their needs
- Consult with and advise strategic TaxJar Professional customers with a goal to drive broader adoption of Professional features, including AutoFile
- Coordinate with internal teams such as Customer Success & Sales, to ensure we’re aligned on strategy and driving the best outcome on behalf of our customers
- 3-5 years experience in Account Management or a Customer facing role
- Experience selling in a consultative manner
- Rapid learner with ability to work in a fast paced, high growth environment and be a team player
- Highly-skilled in written and verbal communications (chat, video, email, etc)
- Proven ability to sell to C-level Executives, negotiate with procurement and cross collaborate within a customer’s organization
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com applications preferred
- BS/BA degree
You’ll be a great fit for TaxJar if you:
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Love learning
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Are hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation
- Company holidays, plus mandatory Birthday holiday
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all employees
- 4 hours volunteer time per month
- Biannual all-company in person summits (paid for by us, of course!)
- $250 Home office stipend
- 401k Plan
- Equity in a profitable company
- Monthly perks reimbursement ($100 a month to appreciate your teammates, Netflix, Amazon Prime, gym membership, home internet etc.)
Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.